Technology is one of the most crucial components of any good business. When it stops working the way it should, the disruption caused by the incident can often be felt throughout the organization. Your company needs infrastructure that’s reliable, fast, and efficient. To achieve such an IT environment, you need the help of an IT professional. But would you rather have someone in your corner at all times, or just for emergency situations?
Before we get too far, it would be a good idea to first talk about what these two outsourced IT solutions are. Break-fix and managed services are both resources a business can use to perform IT maintenance, repair, replacement, and other services. Although they share a few similarities, there are important distinctions between the two that you need to know.
Let’s start by explaining the break-fix support model. Imagine that you’re working on a project and your computer suddenly fails. In a situation where you didn’t have an internal IT department, the next best alternative is calling an outsourced IT provider to fix it.
Break-fix services refer to the practice of calling on a professional IT company when something breaks or when an upgrade is needed. At one time, this was the most common solution for solving IT problems. While it may sound like a reasonable approach, it’s not an ideal solution because you’re reactively responding to issues rather than proactively preventing them.
On the other hand, there’s the managed services approach. Similar to the break-fix model, you’re relying on a third-party provider for your IT support. However, managed IT takes a proactive approach to IT. So instead of waiting for an issue to pop up, your managed service provider (MSP) takes measures to prevent issues in addition to resolving them.
With a managed services model, an MSP handles all of your current and future IT needs. Through monitoring and support, they have the ability to identify potential issues before they can become something that disrupts operations. Managed services also offer a variety of services outside simple fixes ranging from cybersecurity to communication solutions and everything in between.
While there are some benefits that come from using break-fix, the disadvantages tend to outweigh the advantages. Here are some of the pros and cons you should consider:
- No monthly costs or contracts: If your company has little to almost no need for IT support, this solution could be beneficial since you don’t have to sign a contract or pay a monthly fee.
- Simplicity: Break-fix is an on-demand solution, so you only receive service when you request it.
- Unpredictable costs: With this option, you open yourself up to surprise costs. Planning IT expenses with this service is nearly impossible.
- No familiarity: When you receive break-fix service, the technician won’t be familiar with your IT environment. This can make it harder to get a solution that supports your business goals.
- More risk: There’s a high amount of risk with the break-fix model because you’re betting that nothing happens to your IT that could result in significant downtime.
The break-fix model is quickly becoming extinct because it can’t keep up with the benefits managed services offer. Here’s what you can expect from managed IT:
- Predictable costs: MSPs provide their service using a monthly or annual subscription. This means you know exactly what to expect in terms of costs.
- Stability: An MSP proactively manages your IT, so your technology stays up to date with optimal performance.
- Prevention: An MSP can identify abnormal activity in your network and prevent security problems before they have an impact on the end user.
- Contracts: It’s not uncommon for an MSP to require a contract, which may be too much of a commitment for some business owners.
Netprotechs specializes in managed IT solutions. Our industry-leading services are designed to enhance the efficiency and productivity of your business. They can also be customized to meet the needs of your business. Contact us today to learn more about our services!
Whether you are adding a location to your business network or you need to augment your in-house team with 24×7 monitoring, Netprotechs matches the right solutions to your organization’s goals.