Managing IT networks, system requirements, industry regulations, cloud computing, cybersecurity, and more is a complex task that requires a lot of attention. However, IT management is necessary if you want to keep your business running smoothly. Your capable IT department is the reason why the rest of your employees can use your technology without a second thought.
They work behind the scenes to implement new technology, perform upgrades, solve problems, and whatever else it takes to optimize your environment. But as IT projects pile up, your team could quickly find themselves overwhelmed and struggling to keep up with organizational needs. While you could hire more employees to compensate for the lack of numbers, hybrid IT may be a better option.
What Is the Definition of Hybrid IT?
Hybrid IT management, also known as staff augmentation or co-managed services, is an outsourced IT strategy that gives you access to talented IT specialists. It blends the convenience and strategic advantages of an internal IT department with the support and comprehensive knowledge of a managed service provider (MSP). With a hybrid IT strategy, the MSP acts as an extension to your existing IT team.
How Do Hybrid MSP Services Work?
If you’re familiar with traditional managed IT services, then you know it’s a service where a third-party vendor takes over all IT management duties on your behalf. This is a useful solution for any company that lacks an IT department. However, traditional managed services wouldn’t exactly be a great fit for a company that insources most of its IT needs.
Unlike managed services, hybrid IT is a service model that allows you to supplement your in-house staff with outsourced support. Staff augmentation grants you greater flexibility by allowing you to decide what IT services you want to keep in-house or want to outsource. Simply put, your MSP provides assistance whenever you need it.
When you partner with an MSP for co-managed services, you are free to select the exact type of support you require. This means you have the ability to identify the skills, experience, and the number of technicians you need for your project. Once you integrate them with your department, they can hit the ground running.
When Should You Use Hybrid IT?
Hybrid managed IT is a popular business solution. Organizations around the world rely on this service to meet the demands of their business. Since staff augmentation can be used for a variety of purposes, the best time to use it depends on the situation. However, it’s not uncommon to have reservations about using something new.
If you are unsure of how staff augmentation could help your company, here are a few situations where it is useful:
- Talent Pool: If you need to build your team, but you’re unsatisfied with the local talent pool, you can find the talent you need for your MSP.
- Overwhelmed Staff: If your existing IT department is overwhelmed and there’s no end in sight given the current work rate, your MSP is able to step in and provide help.
- New IT Projects: When you take on a new IT project, it requires time and resources. Hybrid IT prevents you from overextending your limited resources.
- Knowledge Gap: MSPs consist of a group of experts with different skills. If you need a technician with a certain skill set, but no one on your internal team has that skill, you can rely on your MSP.
What Are the Benefits?
The ability to choose who you want to join your team, how many, and for how long offers many benefits. Here are some of the advantages you can expect from this service:
- Lower Costs: Using supplemental services can give you access to an entire team of highly trained experts. Hybrid IT is often provided at a cost usually lower than the cost of a single employee.
- Objectivity: Since the vendor isn’t a part of your business, the provided technicians offer an objective view of what’s helping and hurting your infrastructure.
- Flexibility: Staff augmentation allows you to quickly adapt when an IT project expands or is too big for the in-house team to handle.
Start Supporting Your Team
Does your IT department need additional support? Netprotechs is always ready to provide assistance. Acting as an extension of your organization, we help you scale your IT department to keep up with the demands of your business. Contact us today to learn more.
Whether you are adding a location to your business network or you need to augment your in-house team with 24×7 monitoring, Netprotechs matches the right solutions to your organization’s goals.