In today’s digitally driven and hyper-connected world, businesses need an effective IT infrastructure to succeed. According to Market Reports World, the global managed IT market was valued at $155.91 billion in 2017 and it is projected to surge to $296.38 billion by 2023. The growth of this market is proof that many small and medium-sized organizations are becoming aware of the importance of IT management and the value the managed services model provides.
Your IT environment is made up of different kinds of technology. These components need to be implemented, maintained, repaired, upgraded, and replaced to keep everything running smoothly. They also need to be configured in a way where each piece of technology complements the next. When your IT is working together with your business operations, you and your staff are more efficient and productive.
The only problem is, managing your infrastructure requires a lot of work and attention. Between hiring IT specialists and spending valuable time creating IT strategies, many companies often find it difficult to oversee their IT on their own. Here is where managed IT services come into play.
Managed IT support is a service where a third-party provider offers a selection of IT solutions. These offerings are aimed at enhancing your business in one way or another. From remote monitoring and management to cloud migration, a managed service provider (MSP) delivers what you need to be more efficient and productive. Although any organization can benefit from managed services, small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) tend to benefit from these services the most.
Most large corporations are capable of insourcing their IT needs by hiring the help they need. As a result, if they do use managed services, they are more likely to use it in a supplemental capacity. The IT needs of SMBs are a little different.
If you’re an SMB, hiring a full team of IT specialists can be difficult. Since you have less revenue to spend than a large enterprise, you have to use your budget more strategically. So, instead of filling out an entire department, it’s much more budget-friendly to have an MSP act as your IT department.
However, the purpose of small business IT support is not only to help your company save money. There are several other benefits SMB IT managed services provide.
Investing in outsourced IT support is highly recommended, especially for any company that relies heavily on its technical solutions. Here are just a few of the benefits you could take advantage of:
- Lower Costs: An outsourced IT staff helps you with managing your network, servers, users, services, and devices. Anything an internal team can do, an MSP can do as well at a fraction of the price.
- Access to Experts: With a third-party provider, you have access to an entire team of professionals who possess a range of knowledge and skills to suit the situation.
- New Technology: When you need to update your hardware, your MSP can replace your outdated systems with cutting-edge equipment.
- Enhanced Security: The cybersecurity consultants your MSP provides help you find and fix vulnerabilities in your network, boosting your overall security posture.
- Reliability: Incidents like hardware malfunctions, cyberattacks, or natural disasters can stop your operations in their tracks. Your MSP works hard to proactively prevent network interruptions while establishing business continuity solutions to minimize downtime.
- IT Alignment: If there are parts of your infrastructure that don’t function well with other parts, your IT environment could be hindering your operations. An MSP helps you align your IT environment with your business goals, so everything operates smoothly.
When it comes to SMB IT needs, no one has you covered like the experts at Netprotechs. As Arizona’s leading provider of IT solutions, we are dedicated to delivering the solutions you need. Our team takes the time to understand your business and your goals for the future. We take a user-friendly approach to our managed services and customize our solutions to fit your operations. Contact us today to learn more.
Whether you are adding a location to your business network or you need to augment your in-house team with 24×7 monitoring, Netprotechs matches the right solutions to your organization’s goals.