The business landscape has shifted. Companies worldwide have adopted a work-from-home model. With the increasing number of endpoint devices, it’s become more important than ever for organizations to have the technical support and security strategies to give remote users secure access to servers. Learn how building a solid remote access infrastructure can increase productivity in your organization and prevent unauthorized access to your network.
What Is Secure Remote Access?
Secure remote access is any security strategy that allows users to remotely connect to your network and engage with sensitive company resources. Secure remote access is not a single technology; it’s multiple solutions that comprise your remote access infrastructure and allow your employees to work from any location safely.
The COVID-19 pandemic has forced companies everywhere to expand their remote access capabilities and assess their cybersecurity. Remote users need consistent access to applications and data to remain secure and productive while away from the office.
To be successful in this new business landscape, companies need more than one secure remote access solution. The best strategies use many technologies, such as two-factor authentication, virtual private network (VPN) solutions, and endpoint security. Maintaining a strong mix is essential to improving your organization’s agility without reducing your security posture.
What Are the Benefits of Secure Remote Access?
There are many ways to build a successful remote access infrastructure, and the benefits are clear. Secure remote access solutions give you:
- Secure public internet use
- Improved remote user experience
- Comprehensive endpoint protection
- Secure access from any device on the network
- Complete access to cloud-based and data center applications
Why Remote Access VPNs Are Essential
The virtual private network (VPN) is the most common secure remote access solution. VPNs use the public internet to connect to a private network through an encrypted tunnel. Remote users can log on to office networks from anywhere with a working internet connection. All of your sensitive data remains secure with the right VPN solution, even if a user connects through public wi-fi.
Anything sent out from a device connected to a remote access VPN is encrypted. Only the remote user’s device and the remote access server can read the data.
The Netprotechs team knows how important the end-user experience is when it comes to implementing and maintaining IT solutions. Reach out today to learn how we can improve your network infrastructure.
Other Tools for Secure Remote Access Management
Remote access VPNs are great, but they aren’t enough to protect your network from intrusion. To build a sustainable remote access infrastructure, you must implement solutions that complement what you already have. Take a look at the following technologies:
- Endpoint Security – You can achieve endpoint security with software and policies that focus on securing the various endpoints (laptops, smartphones, desktops, etc.) remote workers use on a network. Firewalls, antivirus, and frequent patching are excellent ways to ensure endpoint security.
- Privileged Access Management (PAM) – PAM provides tools for managing, monitoring, and securing access to valuable assets from privileged accounts.
- Network Access Control (NAC) – IT professionals control and manage network access through policy enforcement, multi-factor authentication, and security solutions.
- Secure Access Service Edge (SASE) – SASE replaces VPN solutions with a cloud-based IT model that provides various network security functions as a service. SASE simplifies remote access infrastructure by using one cloud-based solution instead of many products.
Netprotechs Delivers Innovative Secure Remote Access Solutions
Our technicians understand how much the end-user experience matters. We provide user-friendly, secure remote access solutions that suit your needs and protect your data from exploitation. Our network solutions maximize efficiency for your servers, whether they be cloud-based or on-premises. If you need network security, remote monitoring and management, or data backup and recovery services to fortify your IT framework, we’re your source for success.
Whether you are adding a location to your business network or you need to augment your in-house team with 24×7 monitoring, Netprotechs matches the right solutions to your organization’s goals.